This is part 1 of a 2 part interview.
Michael Port is the author of 6 books with popular titles such as: ‘Book Yourself Solid’, ‘The Contrarian Effect’, The New York Times Bestseller, ‘The Think Big Manifesto’ and his brand new book ‘Steal the Show’. He’s been described as an “uncommonly honest author” by the Boston Globe and a “marketing guru” by The Wall Street Journal and is probably the only former professional actor to also be a New York Times bestselling business author. As an actor he appeared on our screens in The Pelican Brief, Sex and the City, Law and Order and numerous other shows. These days he can be found keynoting conferences and inspiring audiences all around the world on how to Think Big.
In This Episode
- Why we need to be able to perform well and to the best of our ability when the pressure is on and the stakes are high in order to live our best possible life.
- “A first date is a performance”
- We discuss whether there is a conflict between playing multiple different roles in life and also remaining authentic.
- Michael’s mission is to rally people to think bigger about who they are and what they offer the world. I ask him what it is about this that drives him so much?
- “If there is a building across the street burning, call me! But if you need someone to go to the post office don’t call me”
- We discuss being able to handle responsibility Vs. feeling overwhelmed by a situation.
- We laugh about some of the stupid things we waste time stressing about in life, and the importance of being able to find humour in absurdity.
- “Entertain means connect with people; make them feel different, think different or even do something differently”
- Two types of critics; external critics and internal critics
Connect With Michael:
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here