Dr. Penny Sartori worked as a nurse for 21 years in a Major British Hospital, 17 of those in the Intensive Care Unit and cared for many patients who were close to death. During this time, Penny conducted unique and extensive research into the near-death experiences (NDEs) of her patients and in 2005 she was awarded a PhD for her research. She is the author of the International Bestseller: The Wisdom of Near Death Experiences: How Understanding NDE’s Can Help Us to Live More Fully and her work has received worldwide attention and media coverage. She speaks at conferences all around the globe and has even received the attention of His Royal Highness Prince Charles.
In This Episode:
- What was it about that one evening working the night shift as an intensive care nurse that changed the course of Penny’s life?
- How are you able to differentiate between a near death experience and just a hallucination?
- Is there such thing as a typical near death experience or is every one completely different?
- Penny explains a fascinating occurrence referred to as a ‘life review’.
- She describes some of the major after effects in the way people often view the world after a near death experience (NDE) including a common way in which people then view death and dying.
- Penny describes an incredibly inspiring story about a lady called Sally.
- She describes a real life case study which is truly exceptional and completely defies all medical explanation.
- What are some of the biggest messages or lessons that we can learn from near death experiences that we can apply in our own lives?
- “A lot of people say I’m morbid studying death but I think when you start to learn about death, that’s you we really start to learn about life, so I think it can be very empowering for how we live our lives”
- We discuss some key aspects of Charles Darwin’s work that are often greatly overlooked. Life is not all about survival of the fittest!
- She discusses the connection between consciousness and the brain in a really fascinating way in which the brain acts as a filter.
- How has this effected Penny personally? Would you say you approach life differently as a result of what you’ve learnt?
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Penny?
- What is 1 thing all our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
‘I Am‘ documentary by Tom Shadyac
Why Kindness is Good for You by Dr. David Hamilton
The Science of Mind: The Complete Edition by Ernest Holmes
Conversation with God: An Uncommon Dialogue by Neale Donald Walsh
Connect With Penny:
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here