Richard Branson describes Creel as ‘The living, breathing, definition of an entrepreneur’ and someone “who never, ever accepts that there is not a way to solve something”. Creel Price is one of Australia’s most dynamic entrepreneurs and leading business minds. He started 8 businesses before he left school. At 25 Creel co-founded Blueprint Management Group with just $5,000 of capital and within 10 years it grew to 1,000 staff across 10 industries and was sold for $109m. Creel now spends his time teaching and mentoring other entrepreneurs to realise their business dreams and is part of a movement of entrepreneurs who are helping to make business a force for good in the world.
In This Episode:
- What was the driving force behind Creel starting 8 businesses before he had even left school
- Being a ‘necessity entrepreneur’
- Creel describes some of his early entrepreneurial ventures when he was just 11 years old.
- Creel discusses growing up in an exciting entrepreneurial household where coming up with new ideas was encouraged and supported.
- He explains what 1 thing is responsible behind him being able to take $5,000 and turn it into $109m.
- The huge importance of being able to make faster, better inform decisions without the angst.
- “Not every decision has to be successful”
- “That’s how you start to enjoy business more when you realise it’s a game…it’s just a matter of making decisions and not beating yourself up too much if you make a bad decision”
- 3 types of sight: Foresight, Insight and Hindsight.
- What are some of the benefits people can see in all parts of their lives if they practice making faster and better decisions?
- “Splitting decision making into Mega, Major and Minor decisions, helps you understand how many sleepless nights you should be having about minor decisions…None! because at the end of the day it’s just a minor decision, just make it and move on”
- What he means by Entreprenaissance?
- “Entrepreneurship is the new black”
- Creel describes how business and social good can work hand in hand and describes some of the ways in which business can be a catalyst for positive change in the world.
- One of the biggest takeaways Creel got from attending Burning Man festival?
- Why life and business is all about adventure?
- A memorable failure and what lessons he learnt from the experience.
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Creel?
- What is 1 thing all our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
Why Entrepeneurs Love Burning Man by Creel Price
Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff…and It’s All Small Stuff by Richard Carlson
The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
Connect with Creel:
Creel on Linkedin
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here