This was an interview that I had been really looking forward to and was loads of fun to do because my guest today, Antonio Morenés has lived an extraordinary and amazing life full of fascinating (and often bizare) adventures and stories. Antonio is a Spanish Poet and has this incredible energy about him and seems truly happy, so I thought what better person to get onto the show
In This Episode:
- Leaving school and wanting to go off and explore the world
- Why he dropped out of university
- 8 years of travelling and being on the road. A description of Antonio’s drive to alway explore and discover things for himself and the desire inside of him to always question and ask ‘why’?
- Living in a tree house in Southern India
- Stories spread across the whole of India about a ‘crazy naked giant Spaniard living in a tree’ and Antonio realised they were talking about him!
- “It was a good time, it was a fun time, we were young and we felt like we were real pirates, and we live our lives in a dangerous and free way”
- What were the biggest lessons Antonio learnt from travelling?
- A description of how he survived without anything and was voluntarily homeless
- How Antonio learnt from a fasting guru to control his mind and body so he could go without food for 15 days straight.
- The incredible power of the human mind
- Staying true to, listening and following to your intuition and gut
- Why we should not use only one, but instead integrate many different things when trying to interpret and experience the world such as; reason, science, Intuition, emotion, passion etc.
- Why viewing and experiencing the world on the micro scale is just as important as doing so on the macro scale.
- Why Antonio reinvented himself and called himself Omar for 7 months.
- A description of how Antonio follows his instinct or ‘nose’ whenever he arrives in a new place and how doing so always results in him meeting the most amazing and incredible people.
- A description of Synchronicity and getting in tune with the world.
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Antonio?
- What is 1 thing our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
Connect with Antonio:
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here