Dani is the author of the books: Stay Positive and The Positively Present Guide to Life. She’s the founder of PositivelyPresent.com, a site dedicated to helping readers around the world live more positively and be more present. She has been featured in countless Media publications including: Forbes, Glamour, Elle Magazine, Pyschology Today and The Washington Post.
In This Episode:
- After 25 years of having a negative mindset Dani decided to focus instead on the positive
- How trying to find happiness through drinking, partying and things outside of herself wasn’t working and never lasted
- How dwelling on the past or worrying about the future was causing her unhappiness
- The difference between planning for the future and dwelling on the future.
- The power of thinking positively and being aware of our thoughts
- Some of the tangible benefits that Dani has experienced in her own life as a result of adopting a positive mindset
- How can people stay positive when they’re going through a grief, a broken relationship or the death of a loved one?
- The power of acceptance and looking for the lessons in tough situations
- Ways that Dani is able to deal with change
- Some of the dangers of having and holding expectations
- Dani’s morning routine and rituals
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Dani?
- What is 1 thing our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the 3 to 1 Ratio That Will Change Your Life by Barbara Fredrickson
Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
Stay Positive: Daily Reminders from Positively Present by Dani De Piro
Connect with Dani
Positively Present website
Dani’s personal website
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here