This is part 2 of a 2 part conversation with Nick Seneca Jankel. Nick is a philosopher, a serial social entrepreneur and celebrated inspirational speaker who has has given keynotes to audiences all around the globe. He received a triple 1st (summa cum laude) degree from Cambridge University in medicine and philosophy of human science. His forté is in sharing scientific, philosophical, psychological and practical nuggets that help people change their beliefs, behaviours and ideas so that they can truly flourish. He is the creator of Breakthrough Dynamics and the author of Switch On: Unleash Your Creativity & Thrive with the New Science & Spirit of Breakthrough. He has been Featured in The Times, Huffington Post, MTV, BBC, TEDx, and has worked with the likes of Microsoft, Governments, Nike, Disney, Pepsi, Unilver and Diageo to name just a few. Through his book, countless appearances on TV, radio and print media he has helped millions of people all around the globe.
In This Episode:
- Nick describes what The Breakthrough Curve is and explains how we are all on one in every area of our life, all the time, we just often don’t realise it.
- “I’m very focussed on social innovation, social change, social entrepreneurship but I see the way to get there as being a spiritual journey”
- Rather than saying only one thing is right or there is only one truth and everything else must therefore be wrong we talk about being inspired and integrating a vast area of different sources and influences from neuroscience, physics, genetics, evolutionary theory, heart led leaders like Nelson Mandela, Gandhi and Martin Luther King, great wisdom texts from Taoism, Sufism, Kabbalah, Zen Buddhism etc etc.
- What does scientific research show: Are humans naturally selfish or naturally collaborative?
- “The media industry tends to promote individuals: My book, My course, My workshop, My everything…”
- We talk about the rise of peer to peer and the sharing economy.
- “Brains and organisations are conditioned to favour predictability over spontaneity”
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Nick?
- What is 1 thing our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
The Bhagavad Gita According to Gandhi by Mohandas K. Gandhi
Connect with Nick:
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here