Tom Fortes Mayer is an author, international speaker, Harley St. hypnotherapist and happiness expert. He is the man behind the book: The FreeMind Experience ‘The Three Pillars Of Absolute Happiness’ and all his work is with the aim to help as many people as possible enjoy more happiness and success in their lives. He has spent the last 13 years developing innovative therapeutic approaches and his principles and practices combine teachings from the world’s ancient wisdom traditions with today’s most effective rapid-behavior-change techniques to bring about life-altering epiphanies and lasting change. He is a regularly contributor on radio and television and is really passionate about bringing self-managed healing work into the mainstream.
(Spirit Pig is currently on the road and this episode was filmed from a cafe in Berlin, so apologies for a bit of extra background noise)
In This Episode:
- Tom describes being brought up by his scientific minded father and being encouraged to be an atheist.
- He pursued a hedonistic and pleasure based life when he was younger, travelling lots and partying.
- How an epiphany changed everything and completely altered the direction of his life.
- Tom then became obsessed with reading, listening and learning everything he could get his hands on to do with happiness and he realised that basically everyone was saying roughly the same thing: “If fear is operating in you, you’re going to run around like an idiot. IF you run around like an idiot, things aren’t going to be that good for you”
- A great analogy that illustrates how to measure our level of emotional fitness.
- Tom teaches the 3 pillars of absolute happiness.
- “We can not be 100% at peace with who we are, unless we are 100% at peace with every single thing that has ever happened to us”
- “When we trust our intuition and have the courage to act on it, then you do get a chance to see the divine in ordinary life, you can see the magic, the synchronicities become more regular”
- He talks about how we’ve got this sat nav system in our heart that tells us when we are on point and in alignment.
- How can we improve our intution, our inner guide?
- Tom shows the sign language sign for the word ‘bullshit’
- The more Tom learns and experiences, the more he realises that ‘Presence’ is the key to everything.
- “Now I understand that every single faith in the world is just man’s attempt to understand how best not to be a dick”
- “Sadness occurs because of the distance between the reality of our life and the potential life our heart knows we could be enjoying”
- Tom discusses depression in a fascinating way and describes some of the positive things we can learn from it.
- Depression “Is taking away your energy because you are using your energy in ways that aren’t serving you…(depression) is Love”
- We discuss the degree in which self sabotage rules people’s lives.
- What has been one of the biggest ‘AHA’ or lightbulb moments for you?
- What does a fulfilled life mean to Tom?
- What is 1 thing all our listeners can do today that will have a massive positive effect on their lives?
- Which books or resources have changed/had a big impact on your life?
How To Remove The Most Common Success Block- Self-Sabotage video by Tom Fortes Mayer
The FreeMind Experience ‘The Three Pillars Of Absolute Happiness’ by Tom Fortes Mayer
I Am That by Nisargadatta Maharaj
Oh, The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
A Course In Miracles by Foundation For Inner Peace
Connect With Tom:
Tom’s website The Freemind Project
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here