Dr. Steven Taylor is a Senior lecturer in Psychology and multiple best selling author. His books have been published in 18 languages while his essays and articles have appeared in over 40 academic journals, magazines and newspapers.
He is regularly turned to by the media appearing on BBC TV and Radio, The Guardian and The Independent. His work has been described by Eckhart Tolle as ‘an important contribution to the shift in consciousness which is happening on our planet at present.’
And last but not least he has been described as the 31st Most Spiritually Influential Living person by ‘Mind, Body, Spirit magazine’.
In This Episode:
- Steve Taylor introduction
- The 3 main ways that people try and find happiness
- Description of Maslow’s ‘Heirarchy of Needs’
- How Materialism doesn’t bring us happiness
- Is our constant need for more money, more success, more pleasures societies’ doing or is this our human make up?
- Description of ‘Humania’ and why we feel separate and isolated in the world
- ‘Adaption’ and how we become desensitised to exterior forms of happiness.
- How trying to find happiness through external things is similar to drug addiction.
- What is existential dissatisfaction?
- ‘Flow’ as a state of being or consciousness connected with inner happiness.
- Ways to find more inner happiness.
- Meditation as an effective way of inducing well being
- The transformative power of inactivity and quietness.
- 2 things everyone can do Today that will have a massive positive effect on your lives.
The Madness Of Materialism by Steve Taylor
What We Can Learn from Indian Americans’ Attitude to Nature by Steve Taylor
Where is Happiness? by Steve Taylor
Humania: The Madness of the Human Mind by Steve Taylor
Elation: The Amazing Effect of Witnessing Acts of Kindness by Steve Taylor
Hierarchy of Needs by Abraham Maslow
Check out Steve’s books here
Connect With Steve:
Want a Free Audiobook from Audible.com? Grab one here